Wondering why there's nothing new? That's because you can find me at: WWW.GROSSMISCONDUCTHOCKEY.COM

Monday, May 26, 2008

A Belated Self Pat-On-The-Back

And I certainly don't mean Pat Quinn - if he were on my back, I'd probably demand to be traded.

I'm sure you all remember when I picked on Gary Bettman for being a moron about octopus gunk and how the "gunk" of which he speaks is a figment of his own imagination, to which he's still prattling on about now, but that's besides the point.

I'd like to put out a nice and belated "Thank you!" to Greg Wyshynski, he of the Puck Daddy blog on Yahoo Sports who linked this here slice of the Internet to the rest of the insane hockey-loving world back on April 27th.

It was that piece on Bettman's crackdown on Al Sobotka and the proof given-forth by scientists that no such octogunk exists and that Herr Bettman just hates tradition but loves double-standards.

You might remember Greg as he was once the NHL Closer over at Deadspin.com and even in spite of him being an avowed New Jersey Devils fan...I think I can look past that for the time being in that he gave this blog done out of equal parts love and massive frustration with leadership even just a little bit of notice.

So thanks Greg, I hope to share more insights to be shared with the wider public in the future.

No comments: